- We drove towards the mountains on our way to Pahalgam. One mountain even had the remnants of last year’s snow on its peak so it’s very cold in winter!
- It rather surprised me, then, that our next stop was to be at a garden, ‘Poshwan Park’.
- And there it was – I’d found it – the sign said so – “Paradise on Earth”.
- I knew it had to be here in Kashmir somewhere! And what could be more of a ‘paradise’ on a day out in the country than to find a place that has ‘Toilet Facilities” .
- And this “Paradise on Earth’ was set in a stunning location. Its main feature was some strange topiary.
On closer inspection, words, or at least, letters, had been ‘carved into the topiaried trees. It reminded me of a neighbour of ours who carves “Go the Brumbies” (his football team) into his hedge every winter – or at least in those winters when the Brumbies are winning!.
The problem with this garden / park was that it did not seem to have a very strong design. Unlike the Mughal Gardens of Srinagar, this garden was a bit like ‘Topsy what grew”.
It was very difficult to photograph as there were no real focal points. But we’ll add a slideshow that will give you a feeling for the place – and it is in a delightful setting.